Adding employees in a hurry
Now, you know as well as I do that keeping employee records is vital… but when you’ve got 25 new recruits to add to the system, filling in page after page (after page after page) of details can really swamp you. And when you’ve already got 2 days’ work to fit into the next 3 hours… well, let’s not think about that.
So if you want to save a stack of time, try the following:
- Head to the ‘Employees’ tab near the top left
- Ignore the ‘Search’ bar and click the little ‘Plus’ icon
- If you’re on a deadline, just fill out the Name and Gender fields (you can do the rest later)
- Hit next, then if a similar employee exists, select ‘Copy Existing Details’ to save time
- Enter the start date
- On the next screen, People will have a handful of common ‘New Starter’ tasks ready for you. Simply tick the ones you want to add (if any), then move on. You can also add your own if you like
- All done! You’ve just converted a cartload of endless data into a comprehensive employee record on your ambitious, high-performance HR admin system.
(Psst! I’ve done this that many times now that I even decided to make a video of it – so if you want to get really hot on the ‘Add Employee’ function, why not take a peek?
Stay ahead with HR
Get free HR insights, expert tips and exclusive interviews, and start making more impact at work
HR Software Optimised for Beaches or Sofas
What would you do with the unrestricted freedom to work from anywhere? Would you stay in the office, work from your sofa or kick back and work from the comfort of sandy paradise? This 1min video is all about HR software optimised for beaches and sofas. Enjoy!
Will Your HR Software Survive the Mobile Revolution
Why HR Super Heroes Need ‘Responsive Design’
Embark on your most ambitious HR journey to date
This short video takes you through the different ways people helps you work smarter, challenge your abilities and get yourself noticed – all using one simple, stunning cloud-based platform.
What is the Bradford Factor?
Ever wondered how the Bradford Factor formula calculates your employees' absence scores? Check out this graphic to have the Bradford Factor calculation explained to you clearly.
So… Who Exactly ARE You?!
If you like the sound of People, but you’re not familiar with the name… then it’s only natural that you’ll have questions.
6 Reasons People’s HR System Delivers Something Different
So many HR systems claim to be different. But when you actually look at what they offer, it’s easy to see that they’re all selling the same old thing...
See People HR in action
View our short video demo
Get started absolutely free
No credit card required