Prepare Yourself for People’s Biggest Ever Release
Packed to bursting with new functionality and incredible upgrades, People’s Spring release is going to bring you an exciting range of ambitious new possibilities – and if you’re already a customer, you’ll carry on paying the same low price as before.
We’ll be going live with the release at the end of March, and we’ll be publishing videos and how-to guides closer to the time so that you can take maximum advantage of all the new features.
Here is a summary of the major updates and changes we’ll be making:
With the new release, People will let you assign Regional Administrators – people with administrative privileges that are locked-down to a specific company, location or department, giving you more flexibility with how you assign and delegate responsibility.
TOIL (Time Off in Lieu)
The new TOIL functionality will let your employees accrue and request TOIL (Time Off in Lieu). The system will balance all of the calculations and entitlements for you, and you will be able to define specific rules that indicate when awarded TOIL expires.
Return to Work from Sick & Holiday
We’ve redesigned the Back To Work functionality so that your people will now be prompted to complete a declaration when returning from an absence, which will require confirmation from the appropriate manager.
Also, many of you run businesses that require a post-holiday Fit To Work declaration (e.g. Hospitality, Care, Catering etc.). The new release will give you the option to request a Fitness To Work form from the employee, which can be signed off by the appropriate manager.
There’s Lots More…
- Employees will no longer need to ask their line managers when cancelling approved leave – they’ll be able to post a simple cancellation request for line manager approval
- You’ll be able to book more than one type of leave event on the same day (e.g. morning sick leave and afternoon holiday)
- We’ve improved the calculation algorithms to take into account the complex rules that come with part-time workers and public holidays. We’ll make these improved calculations visible to you so that you can see how they are made
- You’ll be able to set the maximum number of unused holiday days (or hours) that an employee can carry over to the next holiday year
- We’ve added the option to auto-approve holiday requests on a per-employee basis – holiday requests made with this option switched on will show up as approved in the planner straight away
- You’ll be able to adjust the sick duration for employees without specific work patterns in place. If you’ve been using the Bradford Factor, you’ll be able to dismiss them early
- We’ve tweaked a few things to let you show any re-routed holiday authorisations on the Company Planner and the Query Builder
- When looking for an employee, you’ll be able to search using the Employee ID if you wish. You’ll also be able to store the employee’s personal email address on their contact record.
- We’ve added full support for the UTF-8 character set. You’ll be able to use the different character sets that apply to your locale, for example: à á â ã ä å æ ç è é ê ë ì í î ï ð ñ ò ó ô õ ö ÷ ø ù ú û ü ý þ ÿ
If you’ve not caught up with our other exciting releases like Electronic Signatures, Performance Management or the Applicant Tracking System, or if you’d like to discuss any of the Spring Release in more detail, just drop me an email and I’ll be happy to help: email@example.com
Stay ahead with HR
Get free HR insights, expert tips and exclusive interviews, and start making more impact at work
HR Software Optimised for Beaches or Sofas
What would you do with the unrestricted freedom to work from anywhere? Would you stay in the office, work from your sofa or kick back and work from the comfort of sandy paradise? This 1min video is all about HR software optimised for beaches and sofas. Enjoy!
Will Your HR Software Survive the Mobile Revolution
Why HR Super Heroes Need ‘Responsive Design’
Embark on your most ambitious HR journey to date
This short video takes you through the different ways people helps you work smarter, challenge your abilities and get yourself noticed – all using one simple, stunning cloud-based platform.
What is the Bradford Factor?
Ever wondered how the Bradford Factor formula calculates your employees' absence scores? Check out this graphic to have the Bradford Factor calculation explained to you clearly.
So… Who Exactly ARE You?!
If you like the sound of People, but you’re not familiar with the name… then it’s only natural that you’ll have questions.
6 Reasons People’s HR System Delivers Something Different
So many HR systems claim to be different. But when you actually look at what they offer, it’s easy to see that they’re all selling the same old thing...
See People HR in action
View our short video demo
Get started absolutely free
No credit card required