Product Tips: How to Use ‘Less Than’ and ‘Greater Than’ in the Query Builder
When you create custom queries using the Filters and Options tab, you’ll notice you have a few different options to choose from for each filter. Two of these options are: Less Than; and Greater Than. So what can you use these two options for?
Well as you might expect, you can use it for pulling any value that is either ‘less than’ or ‘greater than’ another value – for example, you might want to pull data from between two specific dates.
Let’s explore how to use these filter options by walking through a quick example – I’m going to use the example of trying to find out all Assignments submitted by employees for a specific date range.
1. Hit ‘Queries’ (left hand side)
2. Hit the ‘+’ icon to create a new query
3. In the first column, select the ‘Assignment’ option
4. In the remaining three columns (right hand side), select the data you’d like your report to show (default is First Name, Last Name and Employee ID).
5. Hit ‘Next’, and then select the option ‘Assignment Date’, choosing your filters as ‘Greater Than’ and ‘Less Than’, and set your values (note: it will not include the day you have selected – choose the day before/after you wish to generate data for).
6. Hit ‘Next’ to give your query a Name and Description
7. Hit ‘Next’ to generate the report!
And remember, you can save all of this to your queries list in case you want to run the report again in future.
Stay ahead with HR
Get free HR insights, expert tips and exclusive interviews, and start making more impact at work
HR Software Optimised for Beaches or Sofas
What would you do with the unrestricted freedom to work from anywhere? Would you stay in the office, work from your sofa or kick back and work from the comfort of sandy paradise? This 1min video is all about HR software optimised for beaches and sofas. Enjoy!
Will Your HR Software Survive the Mobile Revolution
Why HR Super Heroes Need ‘Responsive Design’
Embark on your most ambitious HR journey to date
This short video takes you through the different ways people helps you work smarter, challenge your abilities and get yourself noticed – all using one simple, stunning cloud-based platform.
What is the Bradford Factor?
Ever wondered how the Bradford Factor formula calculates your employees' absence scores? Check out this graphic to have the Bradford Factor calculation explained to you clearly.
So… Who Exactly ARE You?!
If you like the sound of People, but you’re not familiar with the name… then it’s only natural that you’ll have questions.
6 Reasons People’s HR System Delivers Something Different
So many HR systems claim to be different. But when you actually look at what they offer, it’s easy to see that they’re all selling the same old thing...
See People HR in action
View our short video demo
Get started absolutely free
No credit card required