5 Surprising Stats About Social Media at Work
Since 1997, talent sourcing company Spherion have been conducting an on-going piece of research called The Emerging Workforce Study.
In 2015, they surveyed more than 2,000 workers and 225 human resources managers on topics such as recruitment, engagement, job satisfaction, retention, and the use of social media in the workplace.
Here are 5 interesting findings the study dug up regarding about social media and the workplace. Enjoy!
1. 50% of workers believe that social media platforms influence their view of a company they might consider working for. Make sure your LinkedIn and Facebook pages are giving the right impression of your employer brand!
2. 30% of workers believe that being allowed to use social media at work greatly increases their job satisfaction. But what about productivity!?
3. 39% of workers believe that having access to social media sites and tools helps them be more productive. Ah, that answers my productivity question.
4. 31% of workers believe they are expected to be social media savvy in order to do well in their organisation. As an employer, do you think employees with social media skills do better than those without?
5. 21% of workers say they spend between 1 and 6 hours using social media tools or mobile applications to help get their job done.
Stay ahead with HR
Get free HR insights, expert tips and exclusive interviews, and start making more impact at work
HR Software Optimised for Beaches or Sofas
What would you do with the unrestricted freedom to work from anywhere? Would you stay in the office, work from your sofa or kick back and work from the comfort of sandy paradise? This 1min video is all about HR software optimised for beaches and sofas. Enjoy!
Will Your HR Software Survive the Mobile Revolution
Why HR Super Heroes Need ‘Responsive Design’
Embark on your most ambitious HR journey to date
This short video takes you through the different ways people helps you work smarter, challenge your abilities and get yourself noticed – all using one simple, stunning cloud-based platform.
What is the Bradford Factor?
Ever wondered how the Bradford Factor formula calculates your employees' absence scores? Check out this graphic to have the Bradford Factor calculation explained to you clearly.
So… Who Exactly ARE You?!
If you like the sound of People, but you’re not familiar with the name… then it’s only natural that you’ll have questions.
6 Reasons People’s HR System Delivers Something Different
So many HR systems claim to be different. But when you actually look at what they offer, it’s easy to see that they’re all selling the same old thing...
See People HR in action
View our short video demo
Get started absolutely free
No credit card required