Autumn Release 2016 – Sneak Preview, Applicant Tracking System Part 2
Last week, we published a sneak preview of the changes we’re making to your Applicant Tracking System. As promised, here is part two.
We realise that this is a lot to take in, but it is all for the benefit of your business. If you really want to get quickly up to speed with all these changes, remember to book your place on our free training webinar here.
Right, onto the good stuff. Let’s look at what else we’re improving with the ATS!
1. Sift Through Applicants with Bulk Actions
Finally! No more moving applicants through your pipeline one-by-one – our new “Sift Applicants” feature lets you perform a variety of bulk actions, which apply to multiple people. For example:
-Reject. Reject multiple applicants at once using a single email template.
-Move to Talent Pool. Move multiple applicants to your talent pool.
-Move Stage. Move multiple people from one recruitment stage to another.
-Download Documents. Download multiple documents from as many applicants as you like – for example, you might want to select all people in the new application stage, and download all of their CVs to a folder.
-Email Applicants. Build custom email templates and send them to multiple applicants at once.
2. Improvements To Vacancies
We want the process of creating and publishing vacancies more enjoyable. With the Autumn 2016 Release, you will notice a number of improvements to what you can do with vacancies:
-Vacancy Reference Codes. Each vacancy will have its own unique reference. You can set the reference yourself, or let the software generate a default reference. This reference will be displayed on job boards, and will make it easier for you to track specific vacancies.
– Formatting & Attachments. We are also improving the way you generate your job descriptions, by implementing a Rich Text Editor with a full set of formatting features, and the ability to upload images and attachments.
– Copy Existing Vacancies. If you regularly hire for similar roles, you’ll be pleased to know that you’ll be able to create new vacancies based on an existing vacancy. In other words, you’ll be able to use the first vacancy you create as a template, and then simply copy this vacancy and edit the finer details in the future when you want to create a similar role.
– Automatic Authority Check. Once you create a vacancy, the system will automatically detect authority settings and pipeline stages – e.g. who the Hiring Leads are, and who you have set as an Approver (if you have set these details). You can edit all of these details after creating the vacancy.
3. Upgraded Applicant Pipeline
With the Autumn Release 2016, your Applicant Pipeline will get even better. Here are the main things we’re doing with it:
– Extra Security. You will be able to nominate who can move applicants between which pipeline stages. By default, all Hiring Leads will be able to move candidates between all stages, but for those times when you want a Hiring Lead to have specific permissions to certain parts of your pipeline, you’ll be able to edit these settings and customise who has permission to do what.
– Easier Access. We’ve added the ability for you to manage your Applicant Pipeline directly from the Applicant Screen. For example, if you are viewing an applicant and you wish to move them to another stage, you will be able to do this from where you are without moving around the system.
– Automatic Activity Log. Whenever a candidate is moved between stages, the software will record the date this happened. It will also record the date they entered the pipeline. This makes auditing easier, and gives you the freedom to allow other users to manage the pipeline with complete peace of mind.
4. New Tables in the Query Builder
We’re giving you some extra recruitment-related tables in the Query Builder to help you create even better bespoke reports.
-Basic vacancy details.
-List of hiring leads.
-List of job approvers.
-List of offer approvers.
-List of questions.
-Basic applicant details.
-Answers to the questions they have filled in.
-Comments that have been added to the applicant.
-Current stage the applicant is in.
-List of interviews booked.
-Scorecards added for the applicant.
-Applicant’s pipeline history.
5. New API Calls
Finally, something for your technical team to dig into. We’ve added a number of new API calls to help you build custom integrations with other software! These new API calls are for the following functions:
-Get All Vacancies.
-Create an applicant.
Final Sneak Preview Tomorrow
Tomorrow, we’ll be showing you what’s changing with your Query Builder. Come back to our blog to find out more!
Get Up to Speed Faster with a Free Training Webinar
We’re running a series of free training webinars to help you get to grips with the new release. If you cannot make our standard sessions because you are based overseas, we’ve added some special sessions just for you.
Stay ahead with HR
Get free HR insights, expert tips and exclusive interviews, and start making more impact at work
HR Software Optimised for Beaches or Sofas
What would you do with the unrestricted freedom to work from anywhere? Would you stay in the office, work from your sofa or kick back and work from the comfort of sandy paradise? This 1min video is all about HR software optimised for beaches and sofas. Enjoy!
Will Your HR Software Survive the Mobile Revolution
Why HR Super Heroes Need ‘Responsive Design’
Embark on your most ambitious HR journey to date
This short video takes you through the different ways people helps you work smarter, challenge your abilities and get yourself noticed – all using one simple, stunning cloud-based platform.
What is the Bradford Factor?
Ever wondered how the Bradford Factor formula calculates your employees' absence scores? Check out this graphic to have the Bradford Factor calculation explained to you clearly.
So… Who Exactly ARE You?!
If you like the sound of People, but you’re not familiar with the name… then it’s only natural that you’ll have questions.
6 Reasons People’s HR System Delivers Something Different
So many HR systems claim to be different. But when you actually look at what they offer, it’s easy to see that they’re all selling the same old thing...
See People HR in action
View our short video demo
Get started absolutely free
No credit card required