7 Easy Stress-Busting Techniques You Can Start to Use Right Now
Long hours, job security and work relationships are the three leading causes of stress at work, according to an article we published last year. Now, personally, I’m not worried about my own job security, and I get along with my colleagues. But having just finished a mammoth shift, I can enthusiastically vouch for the first of those three causes!
A bit of light reading last night on the website of MadeSimple™ Group brought me to a delightful article with 7 useful tips for busting stress. I’d love to share them with you, because although they might seem like common sense, you’d be surprised how many of them you simply aren’t doing.
1. Drink Water. Dehydration can lead to fatigue. It causes headaches, too! Both of these contribute to stress.
2. Sleep Well. Again, fatigue contributes to stress. These four relaxation techniques can help you drift off more easily.
3. Reduce Caffeine. Too much caffeine is bad for stress. If you’re drinking coffee beyond 3pm, you need to change your habits.
4. Deep Breathing. In through the nose, out through the mouth. Do this for about 3 minutes per day to reduce stress.
5. Eat Better. Ditch the junk food. Amongst other nasty side effects, it plays havoc with your immune system, making you more susceptible to becoming run down and under the weather.
6. Meditate Daily. Even if you don’t know how to do it properly, simply taking a few minutes each morning and evening to enjoy nothingness and find your inner “zen” can ward off fatigue, depression and anger.
7. Exercise More. Physical activity releases happy chemicals called “endorphins”. You also get these from chocolate… but see Point 5 above!
MadeSimple™ Group is a UK company which was founded in 2002, and which offers business products and services to help startups and small businesses start, run and grow.
Stay ahead with HR
Get free HR insights, expert tips and exclusive interviews, and start making more impact at work
HR Software Optimised for Beaches or Sofas
What would you do with the unrestricted freedom to work from anywhere? Would you stay in the office, work from your sofa or kick back and work from the comfort of sandy paradise? This 1min video is all about HR software optimised for beaches and sofas. Enjoy!
Will Your HR Software Survive the Mobile Revolution
Why HR Super Heroes Need ‘Responsive Design’
Embark on your most ambitious HR journey to date
This short video takes you through the different ways people helps you work smarter, challenge your abilities and get yourself noticed – all using one simple, stunning cloud-based platform.
What is the Bradford Factor?
Ever wondered how the Bradford Factor formula calculates your employees' absence scores? Check out this graphic to have the Bradford Factor calculation explained to you clearly.
So… Who Exactly ARE You?!
If you like the sound of People, but you’re not familiar with the name… then it’s only natural that you’ll have questions.
6 Reasons People’s HR System Delivers Something Different
So many HR systems claim to be different. But when you actually look at what they offer, it’s easy to see that they’re all selling the same old thing...
See People HR in action
View our short video demo
Get started absolutely free
No credit card required